Friday, January 30, 2009

Camper Story

Actually, a camper's uncle's story. My friend's nephew went to camp and when he returned my friend was anxious to find out about his experience at camp since he knew camp well but it was his nephew's first time. So, he immediately asked how it was and of course the response was great so he asked if he wanted to go back...at this his nephew hesitated and said "Si...pero no." (yes but no!)
Of course, my friend immediately wanted to know why but got no response. So he asked again do you want to go back, the same response. At this time the boy's father said, it's ok tell him why, again no response and again yes but no. Finally the father said tell him...the boy responded, "so sad."
This, of course, alarmed my friend and wanted further explanation. So he asked, "Was it fun?" "Yes, fun."
"Did you play and learn?"
"Yes"
Finally, "...but it's so sad. At the end I had to leave all my new friends...and that great bed."

Praise God for changed lives and open hearts!